You are probably going to hear from most Roofer guys that you should REPLACE your roof.
However, when you ask them their reasoning behind it, you should be expecting them to say a few possible things.
1. “Your shingle roof is leaking in 1 location that is not showing any obvious signs of holes or major damage that would result in a leak. It is possible the leak only happens during a heavy wind where the rain blows upwards and underneath the shingle or roof tiles.
– The Roofer in this scenario would suggest to replace a section of roof in the area of the leak.
– If there is even a small hole in your roof, this could mean a major leak. Ask the roofing company to take pictures of the leak area.
2. “Because you have 3-5 leaks throughout the roof, and poorly ventilated attic space, you may be need to create better air circulation. This will help your roof last up to an extra 10 years potentially depending on roof age and condition.”
– The best suggestion would be to replace any defective shingles and add an attic fan, 2 gable vents, or ridge ventilation.
– Ten Roof years could be equal to around $4,000 on Average.
3. “In a situation where the roofing material is leaking in more then 10 locations, we suggest you replace your roofing material in order to save money in the long term. Shingle roof repairs are expensive and as time goes on it becomes harder to fix a roof that is disintegrating.”
– If you can see black spots on your shingles and find the gutters full of what appears to be sand, then you know the shingles are drying out.
– Homeowners have options to help preserve the roof and protect it from granular loss.
– Check out ROOFMAXX.com a treatment available to homeowners as an alternative to replacing your roof.
Visit our Lehigh Valley Roofers Website to schedule a roof Repair or Roof Replacement.